Annouce: New Newbie Linux Site

Gary Nichols gary@linuxchimp.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:38:37 -0700

Greetings PLUGers,

Over the past few months, I kept promising myself I was going to develop a
website for newbies to discuss install problems with various distros.  My
thinking was "Help them over the initial install phase and win them over".

I've taken the site out of testing and I present it to the world.

http://www.linuxchimp.com (or http://www.installlinux.com depending on which
dns entry has propogated quickest LOL)

The site is built on Apache/PHP4/MySQL/PHPweblog.  I enhanced phpweblog a
bit and plan on sending my additions to the author.

The interface is very freshmeat/slashdot-ish, but easy to read and follow.
Feel free to use the 'tell a friend' link if you have some linux friends
looking for a place to post questions.

Please send me feedback, suggestions and post!

Thanks in advance,

Gary