Linux distro diffs

Alan Dayley ADayley@adtron.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:24:23 -0700

What are the technical differences or pros and cons of the various
distributions?  (By this question, I reveal my newbie status)

RedHat seems to be getting the US "commercial" nod but I am not arguing the
good or bad of that right now.  I just wonder what strengths each one
brings to the party.  X is best for security/firewalls.  Y is best for
desktop/non-tech users. etc.

I haven't researched at all, perhaps there are articles or websites with
this comparison already out there...

Maybe a presentation on the topic at the meeting tomorrow?  ;^)

Alan