Feature or Bug?

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 19:03:01 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Nathan Saper so:

> Forgot to mention, this is with Debian 2.2 Potato.
>
> On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Nathan Saper wrote:
>
> > When using the VT as root, after logging out, the screen is not

Sorry, when I originally read this, I wasn't very alert.

lufthans@spliff:~$ cat ~/.bash_logout
# ~/.bash_logout: executed by bash(1) when login shell exits.

# when leaving the console clear the screen to increase privacy

case "`tty`" in
    /dev/tty[0-9]) clear
esac
lufthans@spliff:~$

root doesn't have a .bash_logout.

> > cleared.  It just goes straight to the login prompt, leaving elements of
> > root's session shown on the screen.  It doesn't do this for standard
> > users.
> >
> > Is this a feature, or a bug?

It's either a feature or a bug in the philosophy behind the decision :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans