sendmail aliases

Roger Prutsman rprutsman@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question for anyone who knows sendmail. I
have gone through the bat book, and I still don't have
the answer.
	Can you use wildcards in the alias file?

I have a project that needs this. The mail program
needs a delivery reciept on each email it sends. This
program emails to bogus addresses, and as a result, is
bounced back to root. This quickly fills the inbox and
the disk. These addresses have a common pattern, but
each are different. I figure if I set an alias to
catch all of those emails, I can forward them to
/dev/null. The problem is that there are so many
emails a day, each unique before the '@' sign, that I
can't specify them in the alias by hand. Thus I ask
the question: can wildcards be used to substitute an
address? Or multiple addresses in my case.