LFSMake

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 01:16:28 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Rod Roark so:

> Hey I just wanted to tell y'all about my project to automate the
> installation of Linux from source.  From my announcement on freshmeat:
>
> -----
>
> LFSMake 20000904
>
> Rod Roark <rod at sunsetsystems.com> - September 05th 2000, 23:04 EDT
>
> A Makefile to automate the installation of a "Linux from Scratch"
> system. It allows you to download, compile and install the basic
> packages required for a useful system. It supports concurrent
> downloading and building, and can take advantage of multiple CPUs. In
> addition to 55 basic system components, you can install XFree86, KDE2,
> and ALSA. More packages will be supported in future releases.

Rod,

have you looked at the Linux from Scratch site and HOWTO? Don't know if
there's much overlap between what you're doing and what they're doing. I
do know of at least on lurker on the PLUG list working on it ;-). The LFS
group has also be pretty proactive with the LDP, which is a good thing.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans