to plug please <g> (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 00:29:47 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

passing this on for Mark. His mail comes through as multi-part, which
isn't bad, e.g. plain text is included as well. If an MUA can't handle
that properly, it's the MUA's prob, not Mark's :). It just sucks to
effectively send out two copies to everyone on the list.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 13:32:22 -0700
From: Mark Peoples <hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu>
To: "'asulug@lufthans.com'" <asulug@lufthans.com>
Subject: to plug please  <g>

Hi Hans,
 Until IT fixes the fubar they did that translates my email from plain-text
to HTML, I'm not sending anything to PLUG or ASULUG (it's happening to my
boss's e-mail too now). Anyways, can you pass this on to PLUG to see if
anyone has any ideas?

I have a RH6.2 laptop. When it is at nasa, it uses a static ip setup, but
when it is here at asu, it uses DHCP. I have some scripts written for
another laptop that runs RH6.1 that work perfectly, but there seems to be
something broken or changed in RH6.2 that prevents my scripts from working
properly.

Essentially, this is what the scripts do. When the laptop is at nasa, root
types 'sh /root/atnasa' and the network conf files are copied over to the
right places (eg, ifcfg-eth0, resolv.conf, etc etc...), and the nic (3com pc
card) is brought up. When the laptop is at asu, root types 'sh /root/atasu'
and the process repeats itself, but copying over different conf files. On
the RH6.1 laptop, this works beautifully, but RH6.2 is sucking goat because
it puts a '?' after each file name that the scripts copy over.

I've tried having the scripts remove the 'old' conf files, but, even with
them gone, RH6.2 still puts the '?' at the end of the filename. If I try the
same commands from the scripts from the cli, eg, copy/paste/enter, they work
fine on RH6.2. Any ideas?

Thanks Hans,
 Marco

PS - Chances are you're reading this in HTML, even though I'm composing in
plain text, and I sent it in plain text. Sorry about that.  <g>