linux seems slow

Bill Warner wwarner@direct-alliance.com
07 Sep 2000 01:44:51 +0700

I use Gnome and save the session on exit.  I think there are other
session managers for X that should do the same thing for you but
I don't know.  I just figure that if I am running Linux as a desktop
system I might as well use a full featured desktop.  Moving from
fvwm2 to windowmaker to enlightenment to Gnome/sawfish I think I am
staying here for the foreseeable future.  Although servers are another
thing but do they even need X?  I don't put it on any of mine YMMV.

Bill Warner