redhat tries apt-get

Don Harrop don@nis4u.com
Mon, 25 Sep 100 14:40:57 EST

The only beaf I've got agains apt-get is the versions of the packages.  They always seem to be slightly more dated than thier rpm counterparts or naturally the .tgz's...  Maybe I've just got an outdated server in my server list?

Don

I would guess it was a unintentional flame, or it could
have been intentional.  I don't think it is the thing that
will make me drop Debian and go back to Redhat, though thats
for sure.  I am sure it will be some time still before this
new system will be able to catch up to the matureness of apt.

Bill Warner