Environment vars calling programs

Don Harrop Don Harrop <don@nis4u.com>
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:39:36 -0700 (MST)

Well, I've got it all working ok.  Thanks for the input.  I have two
shells available to me on the box.  Ksh (Korn Shell) and sh (Bash like
shell).  I'm using sh for my shell but the PS1 syntax below doesn't work
at all.  My PS1=`whoami`'@'`uname -n`':${PWD##*/}/ ' A little more of a
pain huh?  I also created an alias for su to get the username to change
when you su.  su -p isn't an option though..  'su -' is what I aliased.
The dash causes su to run through the login scripts again to get the
environment vars in order..  Now I'm trying to get the package files all
figured out.  HP-UX uses .depot files, kinda like .rpm or .deb...  I've
found a site on the internet the has a buch of 'em.  I need to figure out
how swinstall works so I can deal with these. depot files better.  Any
suggestions?