Disconnecting from the phone line

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 13:16:03 -0700

Heh.  Interesting name, no?  When I hear the word
"exchange," I think of a black box that can provide
connectivity between non-compatible systems.  For
example, if the French phone system is not compatible
with the German phone system, then there must be a
black box somewhere that interfaces with each system.

With respect to mail, I would imagine something that
could tie together SMTP, BITNET, UUCP, etc. and
"exchange" mail between them.

Me: So, you call this here software "Exchange," eh?

M$: Why yes, yes we do.

Me: Fantastic! What systems does it exchange mail between?

M$: We've somehow managed to get it to exchange mail
    with other M$ mail software.

Me: Excellent! You've far exceeded my expectations!

"There is NOTHING--no RFC, no protocol, no file format,
no microcode, that cannot be bastardized by us."
                    -- "Lemming's Guide to M$-XML"