Linux Secure File Wipe was Re: Lost any file lately?

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:41:27 -0700

I don't even remember where I got the source.
I tried the CKT version and hated it.
I found this other PGP source and made some mods on my own to the
patches that were already in it for large keys.

I keep the source on tape because without it I can't even read my own keyring.

Looks like I built the last binary back in 1997:
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) 2.6.3 - Public-key encryption for the masses.
(c) 1990-96 Philip Zimmermann, Phil's Pretty Good Software. 1997-10-07
Hacked for use by J. Francois.
Current time: 2000/10/29 02:40 GMT

For details on licensing and distribution, see the PGP User's Guide.
For other cryptography products and custom development services, contact:
Philip Zimmermann, 3021 11th St, Boulder CO 80304 USA, phone +1 303 541-0140

For a usage summary, type:  pgp -h

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 05:10:06PM -0700, Nathan Saper scribbled:
Orig Msg> Hash: SHA1
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> On 10/26/00, 5:04:32 PM, jlf@opnix.com wrote regarding Re: Lost any
Orig Msg> file lately?:
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> > I have a hackup up version of pgp2.6.3 I have been running that can make
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> > 16384 bit keys.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> > Not practical but nice to know it's there.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Is this for Linux?  I know that Cyber Knights Templar wrote a version
Orig Msg> like this, but I thought it was only for Windows.
Orig Msg>

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851
My Certifications:
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1214021
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.
One LART at a time!