Sprint Broad Band

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:14:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Jim Gunkel so:

> Lastly, the connection is going up and down all day long so if you are
> trying to maintain a constant connection, it WILL get broken quite often.
> This is really a problem with uploads to our web site.  We recently had to
> put a 5MB file up there and tried for three days to get it up via FTP but
> the connection kept breaking.  I finally had to take it home and upload it

Use ncftp. It will continue where the connection broke off. wget will as
well, but I don't see anything about uploading.

> Fortunately we're getting another wireless service here in a month or so
> through ART that will give us 3Mb for under $1000/month (upgradable to 50Mb
> within 48hrs notice).  Unless your building gets wired through ART, you
> won't be able to get this however.

Who or what is ART?

>  Also for a service like their, a lot depends upon which sector you are in
> so maybe they have better service in your area (we are near Fiesta Mall).

That area is supposed to be their most overloaded area because they are
the only thing we can get...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The