Embedded Linux

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:57:16 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Lucas Vogel so:

> You might want to try the Linux-from-scratch HOWTO or something similar if
> you're truly adventurous. The best embedded demo I've ever received was the
> one from QNX, but I don't believe theirs is Linux(though definitely *nix).

QNX is a proprietary operating system, but that's about all I know about
it :).

> IMHO a DirectCD implementation is more of a pain than it's worth(see
> also in this thread the part where someone discussed how their disk
> started skipping/losing data at a certain temperature), especially
> when hard drives are cheap.

For an "embedded" system, especially something going in a car flash or
compact drives are probably better, but I don't know how they hold up in
the heat. Hard drives can't take the heat either. Some old seagates used
to run as hot as it gets in a trunk here, but they'd melt themselved
down...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,