Sprint Broad Band

AZ_Pete az_pete@ieee-cas.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:06:03 -0700

Does anyone on the list have any experience with Sprint Broad Band Wireless
high speed internet access for the home?  I called Sprint to get more info
and it actually sounds good.  They guarantee at least 1.5Mb/s downstream,
but it can go as high as 5Mb/s, upstream speed is 256Kps.  An antenna is
required (mounted on the house), as well as a cable-type modem and a
ethernet card.  They also give you a static IP.  The cost is $40/month for
residential, $90/month for Business.  Business is the same speed, but you
get 5 static IPs.  Since I don't have cable modem or DSL available this
sounded like a good alternative, unless Hans would let me have a piece of
that OC-3 ;)

Does anyone on the list have this service and if so, are you happy with it?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Peter