sittin' pretty

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:48:36 -0700

\_ > My fav was in college watching a TA say "ok everyone, now type
\_ > 'startx' at the prompt" and the subsequent death of the network as two
\_ > NFS servers tried to handle shipping the X binaries down the suddenly
\_ > congested pipe to 20+ diskless SUN workstations.
\_ >
\_ > Fortunately, I was just passing by so could escape outside before
\_ > saying rude things.  :-)
\_ >
\_ > Oh, and did I mention that the boxes were thinneted?
\_ >
\_ ---
\_ yeah but the class was an hour long and the lesson plans went only 20
\_ minutes.

No, he had this grand plan of slaving a window on everyone's screen so
we could watch the "new database on VMS" action or something while he
drove.  Oracull, I think it was called.

David