sittin' pretty

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 07:13:48 -0700

\_ (Vitesse, a semiconductor company in Camarillo, CA, had some SUN
\_ Diskless clients that swapped over NFS for a while.. they created lots
\_ of congestion on their network)

My fav was in college watching a TA say "ok everyone, now type
'startx' at the prompt" and the subsequent death of the network as two
NFS servers tried to handle shipping the X binaries down the suddenly
congested pipe to 20+ diskless SUN workstations.

Fortunately, I was just passing by so could escape outside before
saying rude things.  :-)

Oh, and did I mention that the boxes were thinneted?

David