I'm Wireless!!!

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:28:48 -0700

Around $800 for the access point and I believe around $200 for each of the
wireless cards.  All my stuff is Orinoco (spin off of Lucent) and is the Gold
version (128bit encryption).  It's real nice to have, but bloody expensive.  All
my stuff came from egghead.com.  My full network setup is as follows:

Internet

Cisco 675

10/100Mb Hub - Non essential systems
    |          (2 Multias, 1 Win98)
10/100Mb Switch - 100Mb Accesspoint Backplane
    |             (3 laptops, 1 iPaq)

(2 WinNT (dual Xeon), 1 Quad PPro)

Only my laptop and the multias run Non-windows OSes (dual boot for laptop).  I
primarily run Linux on my system at work, too bad I have to use Outlook for
email, damn Exchange server.