DIY SnapServer

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:34:32 -0700

Don Harrop wrote:

> This isn't quite what was asked for but I know you could setup a system
> without a monitor or keyboard and use the serial port to login to the
> console.  I remember reading a HOWTO or something on the steps to set this
> up but I can't remember where it was.  Does anyone else know where I could

In the kernel compile options, there is an option regarding support
for a console on a serial port, so I would hope the kernel docs have
more information on how to set this up. That wont let you have a
console on the 'net however.. but it would let you hook one to a modem
set to answer a phoneline, I imagine, although this might also be a
security issue?

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|