Unresolved symbols

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:22:57 -0700

On Oct 23,  3:46am, Jason wrote:

> Another thing that can cause it to fail like this is recompiling
> after changing configuration options, without doing a fresh
> "make dep ; make clean" prior to rebuilding the kernel and modules
> "make bzImage ; make modules ; make modules_install"

I found it necessary to do a "make mrproper" recently in order to
rebuild everything so that the kernel and its modules would play
nice together.  It turns out that the generated include files are
not removed when you do "make clean".

If you do resort to using "make mrproper", be sure to make copy the
.config file first, because "make mrproper" blows it away too.  I.e,
do something like the following:

    cp .config MyConfig
    make mrproper
    cp MyConfig .config