Unresolved symbols

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 03:46:20 -0700

"Shawn T. Rutledge" wrote:

> I've seen this happen before on a small scale, but this is ridiculous:

Ive never seen it on a small scale, but I have seen *every* module
fail when, for one reason or another, the configuration option for
"Set version information on all symbols for modules" is set wrong.

Mine is NOT selected.

Another thing that can cause it to fail like this is recompiling
after changing configuration options, without doing a fresh
"make dep ; make clean" prior to rebuilding the kernel and modules
"make bzImage ; make modules ; make modules_install"

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|