Problem getting new kernel to boot

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:29:01 -0700

Kevin Brown wrote:

> Good idea, but it appears that the problem was that I had selected Elf
> compatibility to be a module.  Since it isn't loaded with the kernel it couldn't
> run any programs (not even sh).  Recompiled the kernel with the new option and
> it works.

It would have worked if you had a.out support fully installed... I
remember running into my first ELF files ages ago, and being extremely
confused as to why the system reported that it was unable to find an
executable file that was, obviously, right there... now it seems a.out
is all but totally forgotten.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|