ppc linux

Kevin O'Connor kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:49:38 -0700

Looking at the LinuxPPC 2000 CD, in the 'Linux Kernels' directory, there
is a file called 'Mach_Kernel_nubus'. I couldn't seem to find any
mention of using it in the User's Guide tho. If I get a round tuit, I
might try installing on one of the oldies and see what the installer
does.

Downloading and building the CD from an ISO was a pain in the ash. I had
to get the iso file at work ( where the bandwidth is ) and save it on an
NT box. EZ-CD creator couldn't make any sense of it. I was able to save
the iso file onto a CD and get it home though. I used a Mac and,
following the instructions on the LinuxPPC website, 'decoded' it using
StuffIt Expander.
The OEM version 4.0 of Toast wouldn't work (as the website stated) but
version 3.5.7 did just fine. The finished CD is in Mac HFS format so
that helped to make the Crippled (tm) NT box even more useless.....

I'll give it a spin on the 7200 as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks,
	Kevin O

The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits,
but not when it misses.
                -- Francis Bacon