mc@sd.amug.org

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 00:21:08 -0700 (MST)

Am 19. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Jason so:

> mc@sd.amug.org wrote:
> > I should not be receiving mail from you, please take my email,
> > mc@fastq.com, off your list.
>
> As if multiple emails containing the same new text werent bad enough,
> did you have to quote the entire message each time you did your dirty
> deed? Considering the list mail requires a validation reply, its
> pretty unlikely you got added by accident or by someone else. If you
> did, you need to be a little more careful with your security, eh?

Actually, the real owner of the email addy had already mailed me. It looks
like, from what he's sent, fast made a mistake with some domain forwarding
or some such, such that his mail was being delivered to whomever's been
SPAMming us.

That person, however, reacted incorrectly. I hope that FastQ straightens
this out and let's whomever it was know that automagically SPAMming a list
is not correct net behavior. I'm also wondering why someone else is using
an email addy that our person has had for a while... Maybe someone from
USPest/Qworst got ahold of FastQ's new account mechanism ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-) -- Kevin Buettner