Uptime Baby!

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:16:11 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:
> If you've got spinning processes, check them by hand. You can probably
> just kill Netscapes. If it's a service like nfs or apache you probably
> want to investigate why it's spinning, not just ignore the prob.

Definitly, although I still think the reboot for the unattended
machine is a good idea.

Unless not ignoring the problem involves scripting and a pager or
cellphone alert... its a sad day when the people are interupt-driven
devices to perform functions as dictated to them by the computer -
didnt it use to be the other way around? :-)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|