lynx dump

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:21:47 -0700

Also, some programs don't like it when there
is no controlling tty for the process.  If you
do a "ps auxww" and there's a "?" in the TTY
column, then that process does not have a
controlling tty.

If David's TERM environment variable thing
doesn't do the trick, try running your command
using "screen".  screen will allocate a
pseudo-tty, and run your process using that
pseudo-tty as the process' controlling tty.

Example:

     screen cat /etc/shadow

OT:  Did anybody see the tux2 filesystem on /.?
     Sounds interesting...