automation of collecting web site size

Wes Bateman wbateman@epicrealm.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:51:32 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Guys:

I've been playing around and trying to see how large a given website is
remotely.  I've been using wget and du.  It can take a long time, and I
really don't want to mirror the site (I erase the data right after I do
it).  Seems a shame to waste so much time and bandwidth, when all I really
want is the total space (size in bytes) that a website occupies.  I've
been following infinite depth of links, but only remaining in the original
domain.

There must be a way to get this info, without either sucking the whole
site down, or having access to the webserver?

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks,

Wes