PLUG Live

Alan Dayley alandd@consultpros.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:39:56 -0700

IMO, prizes should mostly be reserved for those physically present.  They
are a good incentive for personal attendance.

Now, maybe one prize could be offered to a web attendee.  Have the speaker
or conductor randomly announce that the prize is available and give a prize
code word.  The first person to have their identifying email with the prize
code word arrive at a special email address, gets the prize.  The prize
email address should be accessible at the meeting so the winner could be
announced in the broadcast.  That would be cool!

I wonder how long it would take for the winning email to get there?

Speaker: "Send the code word 'ipchains' to win this hat.  Now as I was
about to say..."
Email person: "We have a web winner!"

Would it be that fast?

Winner of the web prize would have to make arrangements to pick it up from
somewhere.  That way PLUG is not shipping anything.

Alan

PS But what if the winner is attending from Kalamazoo?  Web attendees
listening at Opnix would be disqualified because of unfair bandwidth.  ;^)