FUCK QWEST!!!

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:04:35 -0700

Craig White wrote:

> I agree that it caught me by surprise the first time but after 15 seconds,
> it went to regular busy signal - I suppose it has to for the benefit of fax
> machines/modems. In fact, because of fax machines and modems, I have to
> believe that there will be enough complaining that Qwest will back down
> eventually.
>
> I can't help wondering that some of this is a bit of an overreaction.

A simple 15 second delay before the busy signal would be hard to
tolerate, but the inclusion of a solicitation instead means that many
circuits will identify that a VOICE has answered...

If it was simply a question of too many phones or modems or faxes
redialing too fast for their system to handle, then such a delay would
be a burden I would grudingly bear. However, this is not the case -
QWest is instead operating a money-making scam offering to sell
redialing services, while simultaneously DISABLING any such devices
the line user may have formerly had!

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|