Co-Location of our servers

George Toft george@georgetoft.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 01:45:45 GMT

John Mosier writes:

> We need to move our Linux web server to a site where we
> can share access to a higher bandwidth connection.
>
> The site that currently hosts our server has a T1, but we
> need at least that much speed.  We also want to put
> our servers where they are secure, but yet accessible
> to us.   We now pay $300 a month, so I am looking to
> stay under that.
>
> We do our own maintenance, so we do not need much
> in the way of support services.
>

> John Mosier,  Excelco      Fax:  (602) 992-2026  Voice: (602) 992-8076
> http://www.swinfo.com                                   http://www.excelco.com
> 2990 E Northern Ave, Ste A-101, Phoenix, AZ  85028    (800) 553-6911

Hi John,

Pardon my abruptness, but the going wholesale rate for bandwidth (at
least in my old job) is $670/mbps, so a T1 will run you about a Grand.
If you were getting a full T1 for $300, you were getting a good deal.

Cheers,

George

---
Compared to Linux, working with the Windows desktop is like performing
gymnastics in a strait jacket.