Two new browsers (bloat-free browsing for Linux)

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:36:31 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:

> Am 10. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Jason so:
>
> > > Let the "gotta have (insert bloat option here)" discussions begin....
> >
> > Why? With disk capacity being what it is now (insanely high and quite
> > cheap as well!), the solution is patently obvious:
> >
> > Install the bleeding edge software for everything you desire, and use
> > only what you like... why not install these browsers and Netscape too?
> > Linux is free of most of the annoying conflicts this causes in
> > Winblows...
>
> I don't think he was talking about disk space, rather memory, cpu usage,
> etc.

Exactly what I mean - since disk space isnt the issue, one can install
both, and then decide if the extra CPU, memory, etc overhead is worth
it when deciding which one to run at any given time.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|