Curious RH7 download problem

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:48:18 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Oct, 2000 schwäzte Ed Cernek so:

> Hello PLUGgers
>
> I tried all day yesterday (Sunday) to ftp the RH7 iso's from RedHat. I
> think I tried about four times from a combination of W98 and RH6.2
> boxes, using several different ftp programs. In all cases I used
> ftp.redhat.com and cox@home. In all cases the outcome was the same: it
> would smoke along at about 120kbps until I had transfered about
> 400Mb-450Mb. Then it would gradually slow down until I had about
> 500Mb-550Mb whereupon it would become unusably slow, essentially zero. I
> never was successful. Any ideas?

For those who are getting isos and other large images, please use ncftp or
something else that can properly resume a session, e.g. only goes and gets
what's not already there.

Just installed wget ( apt-get kicks :) and it's man page says it does this
too. See "-c --continue-ftp" in the wget man page.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans