Difficulty mounting floppy

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 12:53:30 -0700

\_ Over the weekend I reinstalled RH 6.1 on the Linux only box.  Before I
\_ go on line with it though I wanted to install Bastille Linux.  I
\_ downloaded a copy of it from the Windows box and then tried to mnt the
\_ floppy with,
\_
\_ 	mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
\_
\_ but I get this back,
\_
\_ 	mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock...
\_
\_ I know the drive works and I have tried two different floppies.  I
\_ also tried formatting the floppy with Win and Linux and still get the
\_ same error.

Quick...does 'ext2' make sense to windows?  No...  So, if windows can
write to the floppy, perhaps you should use a windows oriented fs
spec?

And just to bait all the purists:

mount -t auto /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

:-)