Partitioning Linux

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 18:48:43 -0700 (MST)

Here is a scheme I use quite frequently:
hda1	/	~500M
hda2	/usr	~2000M
hda3	/var	~1000M
hda5	/home	most of the rest - space for swap
hda6	swap	2.5x Ram

Of course, most of those numbers/proportions change depending upon
what I want to use the box for, but that is usually the order by
which they all appear. Never have had a problem. If I have a really
large drive, then I leave a few gigs hanging out in the wind
(unpartitioned) just for that fudge factor later on.

</my 2 cents>

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon