X windows sycrate calculator

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:27:03 -0700

Try this one (assuming you support DoubleScan modes...)

You get a good, close-up view of each pixel, and an visible output
resolution lower than the original Apple 2 (better color tho)

#XFree86 for the blind...
# 256x192 @ 85 Hz, 34.38 kHz hsync
Modeline "256x192"      11      256  264  296  320       192  193
194  202 DoubleScan -HSync -VSync

If anyone has one of the old fixed sync SUN workstation monitors (or
any other fixed sync monitor), I'd be happy to work with you
developing a circuit and set of Modelines for /etc/XF86Config and
/etc/TextConfig (for SVGATextMode). I dumped around $25 into the fancy
DB9 to 5 coaxial plug monitor cables playing around with this back in
California, only to discover that the reason I had the monitor free to
start with was that it had absolutely no ability to sync to any sort
of signal at all.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|