Kernel panic!

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 00:10:46 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Oct, 2000 schwäzte John W so:

> Tried fdisk /dev/hda and response was could not open /dev/hda. I tried
> cfdisk and the command was not available. I don't want to reinstall
> but if I have it is no big deal. I don't understand why hdparm had
> such adverse effects on RH7.0 when it did what I wanted in 6.2.

I'd suggest looking for an hdparm mailing list and searching it. Maybe the
same with an ext2 list. It's a great opportunity to learn a lot about
filesystems, ide disk drives and data recovery ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans