Switch box and mouse

Michael Sheldon msheldon@desertraven.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:21:23 -0700

Generally, I've found the "manual" switch boxes to be pretty hard on the
hardware. Most are poorly constructed, as well. The only thing they've got
going for them is cost.

I eventually saved enough money for a good electronic switch. These keep a
constant signal to the computer for keyboard and mouse, so the computer
never knows that they were switched away. It's also nice if a power-outage
causes a reboot, since all computers will "see" the keyboard and mouse when
they boot, regardless of what position the switch is in.

Michael J. Sheldon
http://www.desertraven.com/
Make a fast friend, adopt a greyhound!

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Alan
Dayley
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 11:27
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Switch box and mouse

I have a monitor, keyboard and mouse switch box.  I can switch these three
devices between two computers.  It is just a completely manual switch with
no intelligence or electronics.

I figured I could use it to switch between my Win and RH 6.2 Linux boxes.
It switches but when I switch back to the Linux box, the mouse movement is
hosed.  The cursor just goes everywhere with the slightest of mouse motion.

Any ways to prevent this?  (I have done no research what-so-ever on this
problem.  I thought I would ask before I do any work.  Heh...)

Alan