rblsmtpd & qmail/ucspi-> Disaster recovery

Mike Starke mgcon@neta.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:36:58 -0700 (MST)

Muchos Gracis Senor~
Works like a charm :-)

I just thought I would also throw out a plug for powrquests disk image.
I just rebuilt my mail server; it has a couple nice scsi drives,
and runs like a champ. Nice rack mount... the whole bit.

I threww on a ide drive, fired up pqdi, and made an image of the system.
I then burned that image on a cd.

Later, we had to determine if this image would really work.
So, my assistant had just got done setting up a w2k box for a user.
We unhooked the hard drive, plugged in a new ide drive, restored
the image and had a duplicate server up & running in less than
30 minutes. Now thats disaster recovery!

Mike
mgcon@getnet.com
http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ