Monitor cabling; was Re: OT: Hardware Trade

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:04:44 -0700

Armin Hartinger wrote:

> The DSUB cable I have is the one which came with the screen. As it came together with a 21" Philips, I'd say that's probably as good as
> they get.
> BNC splits up into 5 cables which then connect to the screen with coax connectors. So less signal quality loss. Keep in mind that VGA is
> an analog standard.

Yeah, but if the DSUB cable was fat enough, the fact that the RGB
signals were bundled wouldnt make any difference, provided they were
all properly individually shielded (they almost always are these days)

Ive NEVER seen an extention cord for a monitor (at ANY cost tho some
are worse than others), on the other hand, that didnt severely
deteriorate picture quality. I think this is a capacitance issue - the
monitor is calibrated at the factory for a particular cord ...

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|