Monitor cabling; was Re: OT: Hardware Trade

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:17:37 -0700

\_ The DSUB cable I have is the one which came with the screen. As it
\_ came together with a 21" Philips, I'd say that's probably as good
\_ as they get.

You could have the exception that proves the rule?

\_ BNC splits up into 5 cables which then connect to the screen with
\_ coax connectors. So less signal quality loss. Keep in mind that VGA
\_ is an analog standard.

I am not an engineer (thankfully) so this makes only limited sense,
but I'll defer to your direct experience and drop the topic, unless
someone else wants to beat the dead horse with a monitor cable.  :-)

David