OT: Hardware Trade

Armin Hartinger armin@pctechware.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:32:53 -0700

Signals travelling through DSUB cables experience a higher signal deterioration. Now why exactly, due to worse shielding or whatever,
I'm not sure.
Moderns DSUB cables might work a little better. And not going through a switchbox helps also.
I'm running 1280x1024 at home through a switchbox and with the DSUB cable I get shading. With the BNC cable (still through switchbox) I
get almost none.
Btw... if you go BNC, get a screen where you can easily switch the input source (like through a menu select). BNC or DSUB. Very
convenient. On my Philips 201P I have to walk around my desk to do that.

-Armin