YDL on PowerStack

Jordan Bill-G13271 Bill.Jordan@motorola.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:56:43 -0700

I successfully installed YDL on my SeriesE PPC this weekend. Everything
seems to be working great. Netatalk, FTP, telnet, and Apache all came right
up. One problem, that I have, which I have had with all distributions on
PPC, is that I can't get it to boot from the HD. This computer has Open
Firmware, not PPCbug. I dd'd the zImage to the PreP partition (sda1), but it
won't boot. I boot it with the floppy installer, and interupt the boot and
at "Linux Load", type root=/dev/sda3. It goes ahead and boots up then.  sda1
= PreP, sda2 = swap, and sda3 = /. Any ideas or suggestions?
Bill