OT: Hardware Trade

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:13:36 -0700

Rick Rosinski wrote:

> I am moving and I have a couple spare svga monitors.  They are 15 inch, and
> run excellent.  The brand and model is Impression III.  I was hoping to trade
> these for some hardware, like good speakers for audio + a mouse (like some
> middle-grade trackball), etc. etc.  If anybody wants them, and has some
> hardware that you want to trade, let me know (and it isn't necessarily
> restricted to speakers and mice).  I live in Tempe for now.  Let me know off
> the list so as to not clutter the list.

Since this is a Linux list, why not post the horizontal sync scan rate
limitations, since thats really what will be determining what anyone
on the list can do with them (modelines). They ought to be in the
manuals somewhere.

A Princeton Ultra75 17" monitor, sold as a 1280x1024 monitor, will do
1600x1200 no problem if you are willing to put up with a 55Hz scanrate
(hideous for browsing the web cause of all the white backgrounds...)
.. I run mine at 1440x1080 and a 59.1Hz refresh, which is just far
enough away from 60Hz to avoid problems with fluroscent lights and/or
any nearby TVs or other 60Hz monitors (60Hz looks way worse under
those conditions... ).

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|