MP3 Files

Julian M Catchen julian@catchen.org
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 07:36:57 -0700

Hello Everyone-

I am looking to convert a whole bunch of MP3 files (*legal* MP3s) to wav so
that I may burn them out to CD.  Does anyone know or have experience with
any command line utilities to help automate this process.   Currently, I
have been using an xmms plugin, but is clunky and takes forever to keep
changing preferences when you want to convert a lot of files.

For images, there is a neat little library called imagemagik, which you can
use to resize, or change the format of images (plus a lot of other things).
 I am looking for a similar utility for audio files.

Thanks,

julian