max ext2 partition

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 07:23:02 -0700

At home I have a 44 GB disk mounted and made with ext2
and at work I have a 1.05 TB disk array that at one time was mounted with
no problems after doing a mke2fs -m0 to it.
I have done this with ext2, reiserfs, and BSD ffs, and all of them
worked fine for > 1TB sizes.

LVM or the raidtools will let you combine drives in linux.

The limit isn't normally size, but how many drives you can have
in an array/pool set.

YMMV.

It seems like on Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:02:33PM -0700, Don Harrop scribbled:
Orig Msg> I've been doing some Linux on some bigger HD's lately.  Seems like the
Orig Msg> largest partition ext2 can support is 8gigs.  Am I stuck with this or is
Orig Msg> there a trick to creating a larger partition that I don't know about?  Is
Orig Msg> there a way to connect two drives together as one logical partition?  I
Orig Msg> wan't to create the biggest partition I can in Linux with the utilities
Orig Msg> that come with the a standard Linux distro.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> Don

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
Director Of Managed Services - OpNIX,Inc., www.opnix.com
OpNIX - Simply Better Bandwidth
602-770-JLF1 - Cellular, ICQ:  8137851
My Certifications: http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=1214021
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.  One LART at a time!