Linux friendly ISP

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:14:02 -0800

Is there a way we could add a text-searching capability to our archives? I
say this because I do take my own medicine on occasion; it would make things
a lot easier to have a good search capability...

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: der.hans [mailto:PLUGd@LuftHans.com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 11:11 AM
To: Phoenix Linux User Group - Discussions
Subject: Re: Linux friendly ISP

Am 13. Nov, 2000 schwäzte Stephen Smith so:

> I need to switch ISPs fast.  The last time I brought this up, no one
> responded.

In addition to seconding Lucas' suggestion of searching the archive, I'll
add a couple of comments.

RNi is probably the most friendly as they run their business on Linux
:). Wireless connections. www.RNi.net

Primenet aka all kinds of things, currently Global Crossing, wasn't
necessarily Linux friendly, but they weren't Linux unfriendly during the
several years I used them.

I've known of many people from PLUG and ASULUG who were exceptionally
please with Inficad. Part of that might have been due to an admin who is
no longer with them.

TheLinuxStore had a Linux-based ISP thing going. Don't know if that's
still alive.

USWest/Quest isn't friendly to anyone.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The