Palm under linux

Kevin Buettner kev@primenet.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:58:17 -0700

On Nov 11, 10:14pm, Greg wrote:

> So I finally got one too.  Now I am wondering how to get it working
> with linux.  Any pointers very appreciared.

Install Helix GNOME.  Use the GNOME configuration tool to configure
Pilot Link and the conduits.  Then, put your palm-pilot in its cradle
and hit the hot sync button.  (It's amazingly easy.)

There is also a KDE-centric way of doing the same thing, but I
can't describe it, since I don't use KDE.

FWIW, Red Hat 7 doesn't seem to included the gnome-pilot stuff in
its distribution yet.  (Or else I just missed it.  I think that they
do have the KDE versions of things though.)

Kevin