high availability? anybody else?

Trent Shipley tshipley@symbio-tech.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:41:54 -0700

If you can afford it, Oracle would like to sell you its Parallel Server
extension for the breathtakingly expensive Enterprise version of their
database.

However, their Standby Database (fail over) feature is included in both the
Standard and Enterprise versions of the basic product.  As of 8.1, Standby
Database unrolls the archive logs as it gets them, and read-only queries can
be run on the active Standby.

I have no experience with either product, so you will need to do your own
configuration and testing.  Of course, Oracle is pretty good about free
trial periods for their products.