recommended tool to auto update rpms?

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 08:46:18 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:
> I hope the dist kernel stability continues and improves. That decreases
> the amount of time I have to spend helping people learn how to compile
> kernels or explaining to them why they need to :).

make menuconfig was/is a GREAT improvment, but I think there is
definitly room for some sort of improvement over that, even.

Modules also help, however, the current situation with modules and
dependencies is sticky...

I'd like to see a program, someday, that could generate a kernel
config for any given user, based on their current system. Then the
user could feel free to change things one at a time. Or a program that
could read the W95 registry and create a kernel config for the various
supported devices detected in that registry (this could greatly ease
converting new users)

Ah well, pipe dreams.

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|