AIT tape backup

Jason jkenner@mindspring.com
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 07:55:09 -0700

Deepak Saxena wrote:

> Tnx.  Looking at their web page, it looks like they use their own
> propietary tape.  Am I correct?

Can you even fit 990GB on a standard tape type? Which tape type would
hold that much? I remember a friend having a mess of problems getting
8mm to hold the 10GB encoding format on a tape backup system used on a
network of Sun computers at his work, eventually they backed down to
5GB and made him run to personally change the tape loader every friday
night, until they purchased a second tape loader/backup system (it
used 5GB per tape, but could work with either 6 or 10 tapes, I forget
which now)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|