Teergrube and postfix?

plug@arcticmail.com plug@arcticmail.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:36:05 -0700

I don't know what I'm doing, and I've never done this
before, and JLF will be your savior, but I did skim over:

    http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/antispam.html

sendmail (and I assume postfix) can be configured to
be spawned from inetd (inetd listens on port 25 and
hands the connection off to the MTA) or it can be
configured to run "standalone" ("-bd", inetd is not
involved at all, sendmail (or whatever MTA) listens
to port 25 and handles everything all by itself.

Anyway, it sounds like you have postfix set up in
"standalone" mode, listening on a non-standard smtp
port (your "fakesmtp").  However, from the URL above,
it sounds like "antispam" functions like inetd, listening
on port 25 and handing the connection off to postfix.
So, your postfix config shouldn't need to know ANYTHING
about the port to listen on.  Basically, try re-configuring
postfix for "inetd" mode (you could even run it from
the real inetd to ensure your postfix config is correct).
After it's running in an "inetd" configuration, comment
the line out of inetd.conf, send a HUP to inetd, and
re-try using "antispam" in place of inetd.

The logs are also showing "relaying denied."  I would
suspect that you need to configure teergrube to permit
relaying from your internal IP network address(es).
You ARE using non-routeable (RFC 1918) IP addresses
for your internal network, (and blocking same on your
external interface(s)) right? :)

Remember to configure your teergrube delay to be zero
seconds for friendlies, 30-60 seconds for unknowns,
and I believe that JLF recommends 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
for slimers.